Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Newsletter August 2015

Welcome to the first issue of the new West Alabama Fiber Guild Newsletter!  

I won't call it "new and improved," as I don't promise to do anything better than what was done before, but I hope that sending out newsletters on a regular basis will be helpful and informative to you.
 
Next meeting:  Sunday, August 16, 2015, 1:00 to 3:00 pm
Location: 1000 28th Avenue, Tuscaloosa
Topic: Spinning Sunday/Swap Day
Bring your surplus, "why did I buy this", or "I'll never use this" fibers, yarns, and tools to swap.
Primarily, "Spinning Sunday" is for catching up on projects, socializing, and sharing projects and help.

Last meeting:  Sunday, August 2, 2015
Lucet cord making was planned, but our teacher was not available.  The workshop has been rescheduled for Oct 4, 2015

Kentuck Festival of the Arts:  Saturday and Sunday, October 17 and 18, 2015
Everyone should demonstrate some skill or assist those who are demonstrating. Carol would like a list of those participating and what they will demo -- just so we can cover lots of skills, techniques, etc.  We are allowed, even encouraged, to sell original items so we need a volunteer to handle the sales table. We can discuss this at the next few meetings.  If you have any questions about Kentuck, please contact Carol.

Membership List:
I am updating the guild membership list.  If your contact information has changed in the past year or so, please send me an email with your current information. I would like to keep you informed of exciting upcoming guild activities and news!

Logo Graphic:
It occurs to me that this email would be a bit snazzier with a logo graphic or picture.  If you have anything I could use for future newsletters, please send it!

Thanks!
-Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment